1 cup butter
2 cups sugar
4 eggs, well beaten
3 cups sifted flour
2 tsp. baking powder
2 tbsp. lemon peel, grated
1 cup milk
1 cup chopped nuts
1 cup sugar
6 tbsp. lemon juice
- Cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, beat well.
- Add lemon peel to dry ingredients and add to creamed mixture alternating with the milk. Add nuts.
- Bake in 2 greased 4”x8” pans at 350 degrees about 45 minutes. Cool five minutes.
- Remove from pan and place on aluminum foil large enough to wrap around loaves.
- Pour sugar and juice slowly over bread. Cool thoroughly and wrap loosely and let stand 12 hours before serving.