Martha and I both enjoy sitting in airports, and just watching people. It amazes us how many young married couples seem to just wander through concourses without even paying attention to where their children are. We usually decide to watch the children in case of foul play. Often after the parents are a hundred yards or so ahead of their children, they will glance up from their IPhones and look around, and wonder where their kids are. When ours were young, we made them hold our hands when traveling and NEVER allowed them to go into a restroom alone. People are strange, and I fear that they are getting stranger by the day. Just look at all of the Looney Tunes who are protesting or marching for some idiotic cause every day. Do none of these people have a job? During my tenure on the DNR Board of the state of Georgia, the ordinary citizens never showed up to attend a board meeting. Maybe that was because they had jobs, and were at work. But you can bet your sweet bippy that all of the fringe radicals attended every single meeting. I believe that it is a sad but true fact that the world is run by those who show up, and the crazies are the ones showing up which is the group that Washington is pandering to these days.
This is kind of a preamble to some of my life’s observations:
- I have seen many a cow in a field full of good pasture grazing try to stick their necks over the fence to graze on less desirable food across the fence. Maybe that is where the old expression that the grass is always greener on the other side came from.
- When Pop and I would fish in the river, we always tried to throw our lures as close to the bank as possible. Whenever we met someone fishing from the bank, they always tried to throw their lures as far out into the middle of the river as possible. Maybe cows and people share some of the same DNA.
- Liberals say, “ If confiscating all guns saves just one life, it’s worth it.” Well then, if deporting all illegal aliens saves just one life, wouldn’t that be worth it? Would someone please forward this to Speaker Pelosi as she is not on my blog list for some strange reason.
- I can’t figure out how you would proudly wave the flag of another country, but consider it punishment to be sent back there.
- Florida has had 119 hurricanes since 1850, but some people still insist that the last one was caused by climate change.
Enigmas such as the ones above have always fascinated me. In closing allow me to share one last enigma with you. We have two people on our payroll whom I have never met. Whenever I see a damaged piece of equipment or a piece of equipment goes missing, I always ask who the culprit was. Inevitably it is one of two people who work here. Their names are “Not Me” and “I Don’t Know”. I sure would like to meet these two jack asses one day as they have created a lot of havoc over the years at Riverview.
In closing, let me just say again that everything is running great at Riverview. In spite of the hurricane, God has been so good to us, and our guests have supported us loyally. I just can’t adequately express how much we appreciate each and every one of you!