Since I need to start saving my best thoughts and comments (which are few) for our Summer Scene Newsletter, I just wanted to write a brief blog with a few quotes, and a few really funny comments that I have read lately. I regret to admit that not a single thing that I say in this blog will originate from my limited cranial capacity. Perhaps you have seen some of these before. If not, I believe that you will enjoy them.
The first quotes have to deal with nature and the outdoors, which are subjects very near and dear to my heart.
Rachael Carson once said, “Those who contemplate the beauty of the earth find reserves of strength that will endure as long as life lasts. There is something infinitely healing in the repeated refrains from nature—the assurance that dawn comes after night, and spring comes after winter.” John Muir said, “Keep close to Nature’s heart- and break clear away, once in a while, and climb a mountain, or spend a week in the woods. Wash your spirit clean.”
Now, how much closer can you come to nature than spending a few days in these big piney woods of Southwest Georgia? They are looking more beautiful every day as our cleanup from the aftermath of Hurricane Michael continues to astound me—both with the pace of the cleanup and what a great job we are doing in this area!Now, these next few quotes are just ones that struck my funny bone. Hopefully, you will enjoy them also:
- Breaking news—Trump to start deporting Democrats. Mexico responds by starting to build border wall.
- We could have built 10 border walls with the $150 billion that we gave Iran.
- So you want to see the tax returns of the billionaire that became a politician. A smart person would want to see the tax returns of politicians who became millionaires.
- A party that supports abortion over life, illegals over its own citizens, and refugees over its homeless veterans, is going to lecture me on morals? I don’t think so, Cupcake !
- The Democrats put a woman (Cortez) with a 430 credit score on the Finance Committee. Let that one sink in.
- Speaking of Cortez, maybe President Trump should appoint her as Ambassador to Venezuela. This lady also probably wants to make the electoral college free.
In case you have not figured it out yet, I am somewhat of a conservative. It is finally spring in South Georgia and I hope y’all are enjoying it as much as we are!